Think back when the number of fans your Facebook page had been the most important facial expression of social media? I’ve observed that most of online businesses focus too much on the number of Facebook fans their competitor has rather than how engaging their community is.
Whether you have 1,000 or 1,00,000 Facebook Fans, only a fraction of your posts reaches your audience. The question of how to increase an organization’s Facebook Fan Page engagement has always been a hot topic discussed over the past few years.
Together, we’ll learn how to prepare a strategy to build a business Facebook page an interactive medium to engage with its fans.
- Understanding Engagement Rate: The engagement rate of your Facebook page refers to how much your fans engage with your posts in terms of likes, comments and shares. Here’s a technical aspects of counting on your Facebook Page engagement rate:
Engagement Rate= Total Likes + Comments + Shares / Total Fans
- Getting Personal: The first way to increase engagement is to make sure you truly understand your Fans and know what they are interested in. If and when it’s possible, find time to interact with your fans so they feel included. Your community wants to get to know you and wants to be able to relate to you and your company.
- Role of Visuals: When you mix a great status update with a fantastic image, you will boost your posts’ likes– rather than placing a simple fact as simply text, turn it into a little image, or post inspirational or interesting pics/videos that can pull attention and pursuit.
- Keep it Short and Simple: Stick to the point and the old saying that less is more. The shorter the status update, the likelier it is to be interacted with. If you use 110 characters or less, there is a 65% higher engagement than longer posts. Fans do not like to do the math to understand a post.
- Posting Standards: Studies show that content posted before or after working hours have a higher rate of participation. Placing 3 or 4 quality materials will receive more likes and comments than posting more often with lower quality. Don’t forget to adjust numbers for audience size and organization
- Include Call to Action: The easiest way to get your audience to do what you want them to do? – Asking for likes has a hefty impact on increasing likes, as is asking for comments, though the latter does occur at the cost of likes.
- Call for Questions: Asking simple questions is another neat way to learn about your Fans, while driving interaction at the same time. Ask questions, but for crying out loud, not more than a few per day. Be genuine and creative. Let your random questions be enjoyable. Not something you draw out of a hat to increase your involvement.
- Utilizing Facebook features: Using Facebook’s features such as Facebook apps, Facebook offers, pinning posts and highlighting the posts keeps your page fresh, active and engaging.
- Have Fun with Content: People use Facebook to get social and learn, and if you’re able to entertain and inform in your posts, you will get more shares, comments and likes. Using humor on Facebook is an outstanding means to stimulate interaction.
- Gamifying Community: Facebook games engage people’s competitive nature and can grow your brand’s reach. People enjoy to find out their names highlighted in the community, so commit them that chance with a Facebook photo contest, Leaderboards games.
I have been using these tips for developing efficient, interactive and entertaining Facebook page for brands I’ve enjoyed working out with. Once the interactions begin, make sure to following up with your fans and respond to them to improve the quality of your relationships!
Now it’s your turn: Feel free to share tips and suggestions that help boost engagement for your Company Facebook Page!